Programme Name: LCST
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol/Hybrid (Twice a month)
The Procurement Assistant sits within the Policy, Governance and Development team within Team Leidos (TL). TL is the collective name for the various organisations delivering the Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation) contract that was awarded in 2015. With the aim to achieve cost-effective procurement, storage, and distribution of commodities (General Supplies; Oils, Lubes and Greases; Medical; Defence Clothing; and Food).
The role supports the Senior Tender Compliance Manager in ensuring that all electronic tendering activity is completed efficiently and compliantly, maximising functionality and benefits of the eProcurement system, and provides support and advice to key stakeholders related to tender structure, process and compliance with all relevant regulations, including EU Regulations (Public Contract Regulations 2015 (PCR 2015).
Working with other members of the Tender Compliance Team (TCT), the Assistant role supports the creation and adoption of best practice and innovative tendering approaches in order to deliver fully compliant tender outcomes which meet or exceed savings targets.
- To ensure that all tendering activity for the business is performed to the highest standards, conforms to PCR 2015 regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures, maximises the full benefits of the eProcurement system, and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining fully compliant outcomes against agreed Category Strategies
- Advise and support the Commercial, Category and Commodity teams to develop Category (tender) strategies and ensure these fully satisfy compliant requirements for tendering
- To work with the Commercial team and TCT line management to support their drafting of tender documents and then manage the associated tendering process using the chosen eProcurement system up to Contract Award, including placing tender notices, running the full tender process, and facilitating a compliant evaluation and Contract Award
- Support Commercial in agreeing appropriate and compliant terms and conditions for all tenders, based on the approved master set
- Prioritise own workload, and ensure that key deadlines are agreed with line management in order to support delivery in line with agreed tender issue and award dates
- Support, and lead where required, the Contract Approval Board (CAB)
- Undertake eProcurement system and team administration as required
- Maintain professional standards and provide expert tendering advice as well as legal/compliance support and advice to other staff, stakeholders and customers
- To effectively manage the tender activity within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- To actively contribute to the development of tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos
What does Leidos need from me:
- Commitment to develop knowledge and experience in all above areas, and work towards CIPS Level 4 or above
- Continuous improvement and personal development skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work as a member of a small team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and work flexibly
- Working knowledge of Public Sector Procurement and associated EU Regulations, and/or tender management experience
- Knowledge of eProcurement systems. Knowledge of MoD procurement processes
- Clearance to Start BPSS
Clearance for Role SC
Leidos UK! Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.