Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Integrated Solutions Division. The Senior Systems Engineer will be the technical lead for the Division in both new business captures and existing program performance. The successful candidate will have a wide range of technical experience to include mission software development and machine learning while working within the core customer environment. This position requires a technical leader who is ready to both roll up their sleeves to solve hard, interesting problems as well as step back and set a technology vision for growing the business. You will be empowered to make necessary decisions but will also have the support from the business and a broad technical workforce to accomplish your responsibilities.
You will act as our focal point in growing technical talent and will be responsible for building and refining technical solutions in the areas of Agile software development, digital modernization, Cloud services, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML). In addition, the successful candidate will provide leadership in pursuit of new business identifying key Leidos discriminators to address through partnership or new capability development.
This position can be based out of our Chantilly, VA, or Aurora, CO location.
- Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for IT Managed Services and IT modernization capabilities including Agile SecDevOps Software Development, Digital Modernization, ICAM, Cloud Services, and other modern technologies
- Spend an estimated 75% of time directly supporting key captures (RFI & RFP) and programs to ensure delivery of differentiated capabilities
- Support Divisional operational activities to include Talent Management Reviews & Monthly Operating Reviews (MORs)
- Create and oversee Divisional KPI’s and Technology Metrics
- Participate in and propose R&D and solution development efforts related to IT automation, AI/ML/RPA, and other modernization technologies
- Work with the program teams, Division leadership, and CTO organization to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities and broad Leidos contribution in mission attainment resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Support across business lines and programs to identify how programs can be strengthened with application of technology and/or innovation.
- Develop the divisions capability roadmap enabling the divisions technology strategy to adapt to future.
- Assess and mentor the technical talent and junior solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges. Network to help Division maintain a list of top technical talent performing on contracts to target providing rotational growth assignments, educational opportunities, and mentorship to create strong growing team of ready-now technical resources to support the expected increased technical needs of the business.
- Work in partnership with Business Development staff to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions and industry relationships via new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and the Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be a Technology Innovator and the forward-looking person who leads the division in staying competitive by leveraging technology.
- Master’s with 15 – 20 years of experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience
- Recent experience with understanding of that customer’s missions and operating environment
- Recognized expert technologist with 10-15 year experience in mission software solutions related to data science, machine learning, or other similar technology
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Experience as a technical lead and writer on proposals for the US government
- Experience defining and executing Independent Research and Development (IRAD) activities as part of the technology roadmap with alignment to business priorities and goals.
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Location: Washington Metropolitan Area with ability to travel to customer sites across the region
- Potential for 10% travel beyond the WMA
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance is REQUIRED
- Experience designing Cloud based solutions in one of the major Cloud provider technologies (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- ScaleAgile or Certifed ScrumMaster Certification
Experience as a personnel manager of a staff of technologists
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.