The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Software Developer for the Tier III Support Contract under the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins (CloudBees), Artifactory, Kubernetes (OpenShift), Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, JUnit and/or other applicable tools.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Configure applications to integrate network data into an Elastic (ELK) stack hosted in an AWS cloud environment.
- Configure applications in accordance to meet DoD security standards, including DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor and mitigate technical risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, plus 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 14 days of start date.
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment, including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project.
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and lead a geographically distributed team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience developing software on a Linux platform.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail, including excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in GitHub, Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team. Formal Agile methodology certification (e.g., SCRUM) is a plus.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment, including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g., STIGs).
- Software analysis and design experience, including the ability to research, analyze, select and design integrations for APIs, as well as develop extensions/plugins for existing tools/components.
- Experience creating software design artifacts, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design documentation as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation.
- Experience leading code, document and other artifact reviews.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance tools, security management tools, and network authentication tools (e.g., Cisco EPNM, Ciena MCP, Broadcom CAPM, Cisco ISE).
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.