Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist for the 363rd ISRW/365th ISRG/ 547th Intelligence Squadron at Nellis AFB. The selected applicant will serve as the 547th IS Information Assurance (IA) Specialist and Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO). They will participate in defining the IT security requirements of the unit and implements, supports IT security applications, and evaluates existing systems and capabilities then initiates feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses to determine ways and means necessary to enhance mission performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation across the unit to ensure currency and compliance with DoD, AF, and Intelligence Community standards.
- ensure security patching is completed and locally downloaded, and push JAVA, NOTAMS, and TCNO patches the enterprise is unable to perform remotely.
- Identifies corrective or preventative security procedures and takes actions to rectify immediate problems and prevent future occurrences.
- Develops proposals to enhance security and operational use of network and systems hardware and software and keeps abreast of technological security advances to ensure continued optimum secure service.
- Reviews security designs, installations, maintenance, and network infrastructure including routing, switching, and IP address space for security aspects and compliance in accordance with (IAW) applicable guidelines.
- Applies innovative techniques and seasoned judgment to assist management in identifying areas where IT security systems can reduce or eliminate labor and time intensive manual processes.
- Sustains, troubleshoots, and repairs voice, data, and video network infrastructure systems, Internet Protocol (IP) detection systems and cryptographic security equipment.
- Prepares documentation and briefs management officials on specifics of requirements, both hardware and software, and outlines procedures to obtain and organize enhancements.
- Manages compliance with published IA vulnerability alerts, software patches, and incident reporting procedures.
- Serves as consultant to senior leadership and project managers for selected research and technology insertion/infrastructure migration efforts.
- Bachelors Degree with 9 years of experience OR a Masters and 7 years of experience is required. Additional years of experience may substitute for a degree
- 7 + years of information technology experience
- Experience as a ISSO and/or Cyber Security .
- System Administration experience
- DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program certification IAT Level II or IAM Level II
- Must have a current TS/SCI government security clearance
- Knowledge of RMF process, eMass, and XACTA workflow tools
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; experience building scalable, distributed, high availability services; enjoy technical challenges and constantly striving to improve existing services, systems, and techniques
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines
- Must be a team player with strong collaboration skills to lead cross functional teams on multi-team projects; strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Ability to decide and act independently with minimal/no oversight to further assigned projects.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- AF IC CYBER 100 Course Completion (previously called “ACC/A2S-OL ISSM/ISSO Training Course”)
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.