Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for a challenging and rewarding leadership role in finance? Leidos is seeking a talented VP of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our team. As a key leadership position, you will be reporting directly to the SVP of Financial Planning and Analysis, and responsible for directing Leidos' $15B corporate-wide planning and budgeting cycles. You'll work closely with senior leadership of the Finance team and have the opportunity to interact with executives from across the company, including the CEO and CFO, to develop Annual Operating Plans and quarterly forecasts. In this role, you'll provide valuable insights and analysis on the state of the business and support special projects such as mergers and acquisitions, investment analysis, and capital restructurings.
This position is primarily located in our Reston - VA HQ, with flexibility for occasional telework. Join us in this exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our company's success. Your greatest work is ahead!
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
- Provide company-wide oversight and direction on the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range Group and Enterprise financial goals.
- Create forward-looking financial projections for Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flows.
- Develop monthly and quarterly evaluations around performance to plan and forecast and guide the development of all executive and board-level briefings on our financial performance.
- Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, OI, Cash, Backlog, and Book-to-Bill.
- Own the 5-year financial model, integrating input from the strategic planning process to develop earnings, cash, and equity outlooks over the planning horizon.
- Oversee the capital budgeting process and quarterly updates to ensure we are managing our overall budget and any overruns are evaluated and approved consistent with our ATO process.
- Direct projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial management when identified in a timely manner.
- Perform business case, ROI, and sensitivity analysis.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of Project Insight –roll-out phase 2 of the new Oracle planning platform, which includes the long-term planning capability and ensure go-live for the FY24 Annual Plan cycle.
- Serve as center of excellence for Line FP&A coordination and training on processes, tools, and best practices.
- Provide guidance and support for the development of Forward Pricing Rate Submissions.
- Develop the company’s weighted average cost of capital (WACC) and internal hurdle rates. Evaluate key investments against return requirements in support of the CTO and corporate development offices.
- Support M&A activity.
- Support quarterly filings and investor relations in the preparation of the quarterly earnings calls. Develop guidance recommendations and analysis based on forecasting inputs and a risked base assessment of group and corporate forecast inputs.
- Develop incentive targets and partner with HR on managing the incentive comp outlooks and associated financial implications.
- Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-focused analysis.
- Directly interface with various functions within Corporate and serve as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders, both internal and external to Corporate.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including contracts, business development, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence, and treasury organizations.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience in financial operations, planning, and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation.
- Broad experience presenting, interacting, and influencing C-level executives.
- Ability to effectively lead and develop a team of high-potential finance professionals.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with Overhead development and reporting.
- Experience working with federal government customers.
- Familiarity with the Oracle Financial Planning and Reporting tools.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $191,250.00 - $255,000.00 - $318,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.