The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our SOC Cyber Team.
The ideal Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is process driven, curious, and enjoys identifying patterns and anomalies in data that are not immediately obvious.
Identify, track and investigate high priority threat campaigns, malicious actors with the interest, capability and TTPs (Techniques, Tactics and Procedures).
Bring a comprehensive understanding, analyzing and tracking the Cyber Threat landscape, including identifying and analyzing cyber threats actors, APT TTPs and/or activities to enhance cybersecurity posture of the organization’s IT operating environment.
In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5-year background investigation (BI).
• BS in IT related field or higher and 4-8 years’ experience in an information technology field
• 5+ years of recent experience with host-based and network-based security monitoring solutions and to include security content recommendation or development (host based and network signatures).
• Maintain and drive the development of new reports of Cyber Threat Intelligence analysis to peers, management, and customer teams for purposes of situational awareness and making threat intelligence actionable.
• Provide support to the Security Operations Center during incident response and threat intelligence activities that includes cyber threat analysis support, research, recommending relevant remediation and mitigation.
• Conduct trending and correlation of various cyber intelligence sources for the purposes of indicator collection, shifts in TTPs, attribution and establishing countermeasures to increase cyber resiliency
• Proficient in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or PowerShell in order to support cyber threat detection or reporting.
Host-based and network-based forensics related to the identification of advanced cyber threat activities, intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, and security content development (e.g., signatures, rules etc.); and cyber threat intelligence.
Deep understanding of Cyber Kill Chain and applicable analytic models such the Diamond Model, strong written and oral communication skills
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
• Previous DOD, IC or Law Enforcement Intelligence or Counterintelligence Training/Experience.
• Knowledge of Structured Analytic Technique
• Developing scripts to support cyber threat detection that outputs results in a variety of formats, such as VB scripts,Python, C++, HTML, XML or other type most appropriate for the task.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.