Leidos, Inc. is seeking an Operations Officer to support a financial intelligence mission. The Operations Officer will support a client’s operational requirements in a challenging, fast paced environment located in the Washington Metropolitan Area with potential to travel up to 50%. These positions require candidates to possess a current and active security clearance with appropriate polygraph to be considered. Successful candidates will work in team environment and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Successful candidates will have a background and expertise in forensic accounting or auditing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a full range of operational and support activities for overseas missions
- Apply advanced knowledge and expertise of operations, tradecraft, and mission priorities to provide strategic guidance and operational case management
- Engage offices within the customer organization to address mission requirements
- Draft comprehensive, high-quality reports in support of mission objectives
- Relay pertinent information to relevant stakeholders by collaborating closely with team members and provide briefings to senior officials when necessary
- Possess knowledge of and experience with the various intelligence disciplines and the Intelligence Community
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess a current TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of relevant working experience OR 12 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Familiarity with a variety of writing styles and classified client databases, including specific case management tools
- Strong communication, briefing, and writing skills; ability to communicate in a professional manner in person, by telephone, and through written correspondence
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality reports
- Possess working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office
- Ability to exercise sound operational judgment
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges
- Experience conducting a full range of case management or desk responsibilities including providing guidance, performing reviews, writing talking points, etc.
- Experience using the customer messaging systems
- Understanding of global finance; specifically, financial institution, international money transfers, and treat finance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Banking, Finance, FINTECH, Economics, or related field, Master’s degree preferred with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- One year target exploitation experience with knowledge of customer specific tools and databases.
- One year experience providing training or giving presentations on financial or information exploitation topics.
- Experience with mobile money, digital currencies, and emerging technology/services in financial industry.
- Skills using software and technologies to view and manipulate financial data (MS Excel including pivot tables, MS Access, SQL).
- Experience supporting working with USG organizations in support of counter threat finance, counter terrorism, Counter narcotics, Counter proliferation missions.
- Experience/knowledge of Treasury organization and structures such as OFAC and FINSEN and the ability to translate Treasury requirements into collection opportunities and designation activities.
- Possess an ACAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification or comparable private sector certification.
- Forensic, Investigative, and/or Discovery industry related experience
- Knowledge of current and anticipated banking anti-money laundering regulations and practices
- Customer certification as a Staff Operations Officer is desired.
- Prior overseas experience.
- Foreign Language experience in languages of interest to national security
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.