The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared DevOps Engineer supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages on-prem and cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an exciting opening for you, our next DevOps Software Engineer working with a dynamic team to design, develop and deploy a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting the DIA-NMEC DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP). Under this 10-year contract, we support NMEC’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and professional development. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a DevOps Engineer you will contribute to the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation, and configuration. You will participate in fostering a DevOps culture, building strong cross functional collaboration with systems engineering, architecture, development, security, operations, and integration teams, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, other software integrators and system administrators on the following key tasks:
- To deploy, triage and maintain a production big data pipeline using a microservice architecture running on Kubernetes, Elasticsearch backend, and Kafka messaging
- Enhance, improve, and maintain CI/CD and DevOps scripts and processes to facilitate faster development, quicker error detection and resilient deployments
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Use Helm to configure Kubernetes deployments to support new feature requirements.
- Collaborate with System Engineers to design solutions for new features and requirements
- Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and Architect team
- Participate in Agile release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage, design sessions and other meetings
You bring enthusiasm, the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience, and meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in software development, system engineering or related field. 6+ years of experience with Master’s degree.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Comfortable working in Linux
- Container or container orchestration experience, i.e. Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Development experience, i.e. Bash, PowerShell, SALT, Python, Groovy, Java, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Experience with systems at scale
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kafka or other message passing systems (AMQP, JMS)
- Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus/ Graphana
- GPU-based Kubernetes
- SALT for deployment automation
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience
- Helm and Helmfile
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.