Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for you, our next Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the research and development of game changing, next-generation technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to analyze and model a broad range of mechanical components and systems. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing interesting analysis primarily in an office environment.
- Perform reverse engineering; and system, thermal, and mechanical analysis of systems.
- Create and mesh 3D solid models using codes including SolidWorks.
- Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as MATLAB/SimuLink.
- Effectively manage time to ensure work is completed according to project schedules.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field with 3+ years of prior relevant experience or a Bachelor's and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Experience with the following: thermal and fluid analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, documenting analysis results and generating reports.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, SolidWorks, computational fluid dynamics
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong mechanical and thermal skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to effectively work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with CUBIT meshing code
- Experience with Python and C++ development environments
- Laser/optics design, testing, or analysis
- Development of finite difference/finite element thermal analysis code
- Certified SolidWorks Expert
- Active DoD security clearance
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields and continue to do so on several programs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.