Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a F5 VPN Load Balancing Engineer to join and grow with our Corporate Information Technology Services Team.
The selected candidate will support a broad range of technologies with a focus in load balancing, remote access, full proxy, authentication services and related network services and connectivity. The Access Engineer will support the full system engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. The Access Engineer will also be responsible for supporting 2nd/3rd level end user issues, working with cross-functional teams on projects and integrations and will have a focus on automation technology to reduce manual workload and increase fulfillment responsiveness for F5 related requests.
This position allows 100% telework with the requirement to occasionally travel to other Leidos locations as needed. You must live in the US and be able to support standard East Coast (US) work hours in this role.
- Collaborate with other support teams to document troubleshooting methods and improve first call resolution capabilities.
- Support end user and adjacent team incidents and service requests that arrive in the Access Engineering queues. Ensure that Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for assigned work is met and ensure timely and proper communication with customers.
- Engage vendor support and perform packet captures, web traces and review logs.
- Identify and implement automation solutions to reduce manual workload and increase fulfillment responsiveness for F5 related requests.
- Develop and maintain process, support and troubleshooting documentation related to the F5 platform and related services.
- Assist with the configuration, monitoring, maintenance and support redundant Big-IP Viprion & VE platforms, with a focus on LTM, APM modules.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of roadmaps for additional capabilities, upgrades, and lifecycle maintenance.
- Provide input for weekly activity reports for work being performed.
- Participate in on-call support rotation for major incidents related to the F5 platform and related services.
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis efforts when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of experience in related to software engineering or software development. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing iRules on F5 BIG-IP devices.
- Knowledge of iRules syntax, events, commands, and variables.
- Strong hands-on experience with F5 BIG-IP platform, including configuration, administration, and troubleshooting. Familiarity with different modules; LTM, APM, ASM, WAF and VPN.
- Deploying iRules or experience with TCL programming language.
- Understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, SSL/TLS, routing, switching, and firewall technologies.
- Experience with VLANs, subnets, IP addressing, and network troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with security best practices and authentication mechanisms. Knowledge of different authentication methods such as LDAP, RADIUS, OAuth, and OpenID Connect (OIDC). Understanding of SSL/TLS encryption, certificates, and SSL offloading.
- Knowledge and experience with federation protocols such as SAML. Understanding of SAML concepts like identity providers (IdPs), service providers (SPs), SAML assertions, metadata exchange, and single sign-on (SSO) configurations.
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies (both public and private). AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere
- Basic knowledge of web application design – HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, AJAX
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Relevant certifications such as F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA), F5 Certified Technology Specialist (F5-CTS), or F5 Certified Solution Expert (F5-CSE).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve complex issues related to F5 BIG-IP configurations, traffic routing, SAML authentication, and application delivery. Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity, performance, and security problems.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix systems, as F5 BIG-IP devices run on TMOS (Traffic Management Operating System) based on Linux. Knowledge of system administration tasks, shell scripting, and command-line interfaces.
- Experience with operating troubleshooting tools; Wireshark, Splunk
- Basic knowledge of Authentication protocols and technologies – SAML, RADIUS, Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, OTP
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.