Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Field Engineer to be a part the AEGIS Test Team in Bath, ME overseeing the installation and conducting testing of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) Sonar Suite. This is working with dynamic schedules and coordinating with other members of the test team and ship’s force. This position will encompass all stages of production and post sail away support.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Review of drawings and procedures designed for AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 installations and upgrades.
- Act as liaison during industrial installation.
- Coordinate testing of newly upgraded systems.
- Witness shipyard conducted tests as per direction of ATT Management.
- Perform fault isolation and conduct corrective actions.
- Resolution of any issues associated with installation and testing of sonar systems.
- Support assessments and at-sea test events as required.
- Fulfill duties as an on-site representative for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 system. These responsibilities will include:
- Perform direct support to expedite problem resolution and to minimize any schedule impact caused by USW system equipment problems.
- Provide installation and testing inputs to daily and weekly reports.
- Deliver a CD of the electronic database as requested.
- Document visual/mechanical and electrical discrepancies discovered during Assessment testing.
- Perform configuration audits to verify installed USW system baselines on specified hulls per schedule and instructions provided.
- Perform System Interoperability Validation (SIV)/equipment grooms using Government approved procedures.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds, climb ladders, and perform other shipboard activities.
- Position requires a valid passport.
- Understanding of Basic Sonar Principles, equipment, and interfaces.
- Operate standard electronic test equipment i.e. Multi-meters, O-scopes, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test connectors, cable, power.
- Ability to load AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 software as per government provided documentation.
- Technical experience on U.S. Navy combat systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proven experience effectively communicating with senior US government representatives.
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Experience working in a shipyard environment.
- Basic networking and/or Linux software experience.
- Technical Documentation Experience, including Engineering Change Proposal/Order (ECP / ECO) Experience.
- Direct customer support/interface experience.
- Strategic mindset.
- Ability to independently research, assess and present analyses of technical/logistics data and recommended options for government decision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.