Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to join a team of intelligent and motivated professionals in shaping and improving the consumer fraud protection industry? The Civil Group at Leidos has an opening for an entry level Systems Administrator. In this role, you will join a team of seasoned professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to the federal government. You will be provided with a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and challenging environment. This role is focused on the day-to-day security compliance, troubleshooting, and vulnerability management of server and cloud-based resources.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
- Installation, configuration, administration, support, and ongoing maintenance of Redhat Enterprise Linux operating systems and associated applications, including application of routine software patches and upgrades.
- Develop, configure, and ongoing administration of AWS cloud VPC resources and EC2 virtual machines; IAM users, roles, and policies; Cloudwatch logs and metrics; S3 buckets, Lambda functions, and other cloud resources and services.
- Apply best practices and well architected frameworks as part of system and application implementation.
- Reliably maintaining system and data backup and recovery; Participate in regular recovery tests.
- Install and maintain endpoint protection software.
- Maintaining and analyzing application and system logs for anomalies, errors, or security incidents
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of system configurations and inventories, troubleshooting guides, and best practices.
- Supporting day to day onboarding/offboarding of users, MFA activity, locking and unlocking of accounts, and account auditing
- Provide technical support to end-users, addressing and resolving hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Fine tuning system and application configuration to improve operational efficiency, cost effectiveness, or improve system integrity.
- Implement and maintain compliance policy across operating systems and cloud environments.
- Participating or responding to other initiatives as required
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar field and 2+ years experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity of scripting or programming languages (powershell, AWS CLI, bash, python, etc)
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Hands-on experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to obtain public trust clearance.
You Might Also Have:
- Demonstrated superior problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing network topologies and routing; Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNC and DHCP
- Familiarity with SAFe, Agile, and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Conceptual knowledge of cybersecurity and disaster recovery.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.