The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Tier 2 System Maintainers (Day staff) to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Alice Springs area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Tier 2 System Maintainer receives and responds to problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 System Maintainer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Tier 2 functions to restore service within the Mission Services PRS. Typical Tier 2 functions include:
- Daily system checks for alerts or degradation of service or system.
- Data center walkthroughs to identify and resolve audible or visual alarms.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and isolate failures.
- Reseat card and perform hardware reboots.
- Replace broken hardware components and update the CMDB.
- Restore hardware system to approved baseline configuration.
- Re-image or reload firmware and/or imbedded software to restore hardware to approved baseline.
- Run diagnostic to repair storage disc or corrupted database files.
- Troubleshoot and replace broken cabling.
- Research problems by accessing internal and external knowledge databases.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance activities, perform upgrades and support the transition and acceptance of new and modified systems.
- Examine customer problems and implement appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair.
- Communicate with Customers on response status, escalate incidents that cannot be resolved.
- Collaborate across functions and service providers to troubleshoot and resolve ecosystem wide incidents
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
· Proven computer hardware, software and system troubleshooting and system administrator skills
· Security + Certification
· Ability to recognize problems or errors, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and respond appropriately
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Hands on experience with HelpNow
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Ability to professionally interact with system users and customers
· Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing situations, mission priorities
· Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness
BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.