The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is currently seeking a Day Facilities Operator to support the OASIS program requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located at a remote operating facility in the Alice Springs, Australia area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Day Facilities Operator plays an integral role in ensuring safe, reliable & effective Operation of the customer site. This position is a part of a team responsible for 24/7 oversight, monitoring, operation and control of all site infrastructure, utilities and equipment. As a Day Facilities Operator you will manage critical power, generation, cooling and hydraulic systems whilst keeping accurate records, completing routine inspections and compiling data on site infrastructure, equipment and essential operating systems.
Day Facilities Operators also play a role in switching between different power, generation & utilities configurations and performing safe equipment isolations whilst guaranteeing site reliability. This will include technical assessment and investigation of proposed isolation and configuration changes to utilities, Equipment and infrastructure.
Additionally, Day Facilities Operator will be called upon to react and provide emergency response ensuring site service interruptions are avoided and all critical components are operational. This will include performing maintenance and repair activities on a wide variety of equipment and infrastructure.
This is a diverse, multi-facetted position on a team of specialized experts who have control over and maintain a unique site. As a member of this team, you will support Operations during business hours Monday to Friday and ensure site infrastructure and equipment is managed to the highest possible standards.
- Monitor/ control site infrastructure and equipment
- Conduct safe configuration change and equipment isolation
- Technical assessment and technical documentation writing and review
- Routine equipment inspection, data collection and metric reporting
- Conduct maintenance and repair to equipment and components
- Complete reports, incident, and event data collection
- Investigate and review system anomalies
- Lead and contribute to development of technical process and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all site environmental health and safety requirements
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- Requires a BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active TS/SCI with poly
- Certificate III in a relevant Trade or equivalent experience and skills (US) related facilities certifications
- Applicable trades include: Electrical, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Mechanical OR Certification & Experience in Facilities Plant Operation and Management
- Strong understanding of general equipment maintenance requirements (preventive, predictive, and corrective)
- Strong understanding of technical plans and drawings with the ability to read and assess plans and all manner or technical documents
- Basic computer skills including Office 365 programs and excel
- Experience providing high quality customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure, facilities equipment and functionality within a large operational facility
- 5 years post apprenticeship trade experience or experience as Facilities/ infrastructure Operator
- HV switching certification/ experience
- Experience in Power Generation or Power Networks
- Experience working with HMI based control systems/ SCADA or BMS systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.