Are you looking for interesting and meaningful ways to apply your knowledge and talents? Our corporate vision at Leidos is to be the global leader in the development and application of technology to solve our customers' most demanding challenges. And that's where you come in. We need a results-oriented Enterprise Architect to support the NC3 Enterprise Center's (NEC) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Division at Fort Meade, MD.
This isn't just any job. The SE&I Division serves as the hub for systems engineering and enterprise architecture, and as the technical authority for the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Enterprise within the Department of Defense. Our customer, led by the Commander, U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), applies subject matter expertise and best practices to translate mission and operational requirements into solutions and operational capabilities.
This is your chance to be a part of something truly significant. Working in support of our customer at Fort Meade, you'll have the opportunity to use your skills to help tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by our nation's leaders. So what are you waiting for? Join our team and become part of the solution, apply today!
Clearance: Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is required.
Salary Target: $80,000.00
What will you do in this role?
• Work as a member of the technical design team within NEC SE&I that will describe and integrate all current planning for modification, upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing Nuclear C3 systems. These activities will focus on implementing System-of-System methodologies and integrating Nuclear C3 System Architectures into a detailed Enterprise Architecture.
• Develop recommendations concerning continuation, modification, or elimination of current Nuclear C3 Systems. Coordinate the collection and assessment of existing research that includes current proven solutions and emerging concepts for the Nuclear C3 Architecture.
• Produce and publish baseline and incremental NC3 system of systems architectures to support and update information hosted in digital engineering tools. Development of detail architecture artifacts for subsets of the NC3 Enterprise, as needed.
• Serve as the NC3 Enterprise Architecture subject matter expert to support data-driven enterprise decisions.
These qualifications are required:
• Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• At least three years of experience developing architecture artifacts to provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
• Ability to apply enterprise architecture concepts to specific secure and survivable communications development tasks in a structured approach that supports Nuclear C3 functions.
• Experience formulating/defining system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems.
• Knowledge of activity, data, and process modeling techniques an practices, to include hands on experience with Enterprise Architecture (EA) development modeling tools, such as Cameo and SparxEA.
These qualifications are preferred:
• Experience working with senior Nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as NEC, USSTRATCOM, the Joint Staff, and OSD.
• Understanding of, and experience, with operations and technical characteristics of Nuclear C3 systems to include strategic communications systems, sensor and radar systems, and communications systems deployed at nuclear command centers and on nuclear capable platforms.
• Experience conducting architecture/performance trade-off analysis, and engineering designs of Nuclear C3 Systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.