Are you looking for interesting and meaningful ways to apply your knowledge and talents? Our corporate vision at Leidos is to be the global leader in the development and application of technology to solve our customers' most demanding challenges. And that's where you come in. We need a results-oriented Data Analyst to support the NC3 Enterprise Center's (NEC) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Division at Fort Meade, MD.
This isn't just any job. The SE&I Division serves as the hub for systems engineering and enterprise architecture, and as the technical authority for the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Enterprise within the Department of Defense. Our customer, led by the Commander, U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), applies subject matter expertise and best practices to translate mission and operational requirements into solutions and operational capabilities.
This is your chance to be a part of something truly significant. Working in support of our customer at Fort Meade, you'll have the opportunity to use your skills to help tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by our nation's leaders. So what are you waiting for? Join our team and become part of the solution, apply today!
Clearance: You must currently hold an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility to qualify for this role.
What will you do in this role?
• Respond to queries from NEC SE&I for data that may be stored across multiple documents, databases, networks, and software environments. Responsible for collecting, cleaning, and presenting the data in the required format.
• Support NEC SE&I’s digital modeling and model-based systems engineering efforts. Extract relevant data from text documents (e.g., Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF) and other sources (e.g., Microsoft Visio) and converting it to a format (e.g., Excel, CSV, or SysML) for importing into a digital modeling environment.
• Collaborate with NC3 architecture teams to provide input to capture user requirements and use cases for improvement of the NC3 Digital Mission Engineering Environment (NDMEE). Coordinate with enterprise Data Governance Group (DGG) to develop the NC3 enterprise data standards and processes for architectural products in the NDMEE.
• Recommend new initiatives; coordinate with other technical specialists in government, academia, and industry to keep abreast of emerging technologies, which relate to developing the Nuclear C3 Architecture.
• Provide support to SE&I leadership and offer technical analysis, findings, and recommendations as related to Nuclear C3 Systems and Architecture.
What are the required qualifications?
• Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline and at least 3 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design; developing analysis and reporting capabilities; monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
• Experience using statistical methods to analyze data and generate reports; create models to depict trends in the customer base and identify specific data needs for analysis projects.
• Knowledge of data visualization principles, data visualization tools, and database management tools and principles.
What are the program preferred qualifications?
• Experience working with senior Nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as NEC, USSTRATCOM, the Joint Staff, and OSD.
• Knowledge of digital modeling tools (e.g., SparxEA, Cameo).
• Knowledge of the Anaconda data analysis environment, natural language processing tools and procedures, and relevant Python tools and models.
• Knowledge of Python-based data visualization tools (e.g., Dash, Matplotlib, Seaborn).
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.