The C4ISR Operation at Leidos is looking for a Platform Engineer to support our newly established Multi-Domain Operations Division in the future. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as we build the new division and help the Department of the Air Force (DAF) establish and maintain the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) Digital Infrastructure (DI). ABMS is a top modernization priority for the DAF and will be the backbone of a network-centric approach to battle management in partnership with all the services across the Department of Defense Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2).
We will support a telework-friendly schedule for this position. Ideally, the candidate will reside near Reston, VA, but we may be able to consider full telework with travel when needed for the right candidate.
- Build software and systems to manage infrastructure, platforms, and applications to enable the continuous integration and continuous deployment of software products
- Applying best practices for infrastructure and platform provisioning, configuration, management, and automated software deployments using DevSecOps pipeline technologies
- Leverage open-source and fit-for-purpose tools to manage private, hybrid, and public cloud infrastructures and platforms via code, designing reusable infrastructure and platform components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for applications
- Evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement that can be applied across teams
- Support the development and deployment of prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Configure and troubleshoot network connectivity issues for LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS and Firewall
- Manage Scalability in cloud network infrastructure
- Collaborate with software developers to ensure smooth migrations to the Cloud
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Facilitate technical and programmatic information exchange in support of Consortium Objectives
- Participate in Working Groups and IPTs, informal/formal technical interchanges, and formal reviews
- Additional responsibilities as needed by the program
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ yrs or master’s with 2+ yrs in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field with relevant experience performing SRE/DevOps activities in a professional capacity. Experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Strong experience in establishing, maintaining, and growing DevSecOps resources.
- Strong experience in establishing, maintaining, and growing CI/CD pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Demonstrated capability to maintain a PaaS ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with widely dispersed team members
- Strong desire for automation and a track record of flexibility in work roles
- Experience with Kubernetes, RKE2, BigBang, Argo/Terraform, Flux/Helm Consu/Vault.
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, Helm, Flux, Argo, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer, or equivalent.
- Experience with Platform One Big Bang DSO platform.
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
- AWS or Microsoft Azure certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.