Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you tired of feeling overworked and unfulfilled? Do you crave a better work-life balance that allows you to pursue your passions and enjoy your downtime? At Leidos, we understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance. Say goodbye to those 60+ hour work weeks and join us in exploring our exciting job opportunities.
We are in search of a dynamic and talented candidate to join our team of experts in creating innovative, all-encompassing solutions for our programs. In this role, you will gain invaluable skills such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, and the ability to convey complex issues concisely and with ease. You'll thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible working arrangements, and work with a management team that prioritizes your career growth and development.
If you're up for the challenge, join the NISC IV program at Leidos and become an Environmental Regulation Compliance Analyst! As a part of our Civil Group, you will support the Western Service Area (WSA) Operations Support Group by ensuring compliance with various federal, state, and local laws and federal regulations through evaluations, analysis, and thorough review of documentation. You will have the opportunity to provide advice and interpretation regarding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on federal actions that affect the National Airspace System (NAS).
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Take your career to the next level with Leidos, and apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support between Airports, Air Traffic facilities, and the FAA for environmental issues resulting from proposed actions triggering NEPA application.
- Evaluate the potential environmental impacts of proposed actions involving air traffic routing or flight path changes. Heavy emphasis on noise impacts resulting from these changes.
- Provide SME support for appropriate level of environmental documentation in the form of Categorical Exclusion (CatEx), Environmental Assessment (EA), or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on FAA-initiated actions.
- Coordinate and draft written replies to environmental analysis resulting from requests for changes to traffic routing or flight path changes.
- Coordinate final NEPA documents, including CatEx, EA, or EIS, and associated Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) or Record of Decision (ROD) for projects requiring NEPA application.
What Sets You Apart:
- Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA. (Temporary remote work OR when asked to return to the office). Partial telework potential with Manager's approval.
- Experience writing or reviewing environmental documents, including but not limited to Categorical Exclusions (CATEX), Environmental Assessments (EA), and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Experience reviewing all environmental impact categories.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply business processes and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR less than 2 years prior relevant experience with a Master's degree OR additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered/accepted.
You Might Also Have:
- Ability to translate complex data/information into concise written documents for a non-technical audience.
- Experience with FAA or aviation-related programs.
- Ability to plan, initiate, organize, and prioritize work independently.
- Experience with database management, KSN websites, and MS Excel.
- Highly developed presentation skills, self-motivated and proactive team player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficiency using MS Office software is desired.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.