Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Principal Signal Processing Engineer to support acoustic, optics, and radar sensor programs in San Diego, CA. This position will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments together with advancing the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We are looking for a qualified candidate to bring technical excellence, analytical and problem-solving skills, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs, as well as the ability to resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project. The candidate is expected to lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Research, design, and development of signal collection, processing, analyzing systems for the extraction of information from signal sensors
- Provide technical advice that impacts strategic client outputs and Leidos business results, effect functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards, or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace, and serve as a technical lead on large, complex projects
- Mentorship and coaching of other technical staff is expected, as well as establishment of solid working relationships with technical peers within the division as well as our external Government customers
What Sets You Apart:
- Master’s degree in a science related degree field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering Physics, etc.) with 15+ years’ experience or a Doctoral Degree with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- US citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Acoustic signal processing
- Adept in MATLAB, C++ and CUDA
- Proficient in Linux and Windows
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work directly with customers and deliver results
- Mission oriented with a strong ability contribute to team goals and work in a team environment to deliver real world products
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Experience in proposal development and business development
- Robust sense of initiative, a self-starter who can work independently
- Possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Radar and optics sensor system development experience
- Systems engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.