Leidos has an opening for a Senior Biostatistician / Data Scientist to support the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) within HHS in Washington DC. Be the lead biostatistician to help find correlates of protection for BARDA’s work on Project NextGen to develop the next generation of COVID vaccines. Work with a dedicated team of scientists and researchers to support vaccine and therapeutic development as part of a White House priority effort.
We are looking for someone that is ideally local to the Washington, DC area. The position is telework friendly, but the person will need to travel into the customer site if needed from time to time
- Conduct correlates of protection analysis for vaccine and therapeutic candidates in phase 2-3 clinical studies.
- Developing statistical analysis plans, including sampling plans for markers/assays for a range of candidate vaccines
- Statistical methods implementation
- Reviewing clinical trial data
- Lead junior data analysts to support statistical efforts
- Lead development of reports, including preparation for publication in peer-reviewed journals
It is required that the candidate have the following qualifications:
- PhD in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics or other closely related fields
- Experience with scientific or mathematical software or programming; particularly R or other statistical language
- Four years or more of professional experience with vaccine correlates
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of senior scientists and other stakeholders
- US Citizenship in order to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel to customer site as required.
- Subject matter knowledge of quantitative infectious disease modeling, COVID-19 epidemiology, and/or related sciences
- Experience developing statistical plans for FDA approval
- Experience with parametric and non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, case-control and cohort studies, machine learning tools, and vaccine correlates of risk and protection
- Experience working with a data-science team, including knowledge of best practices of code management and working with large-scale data
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.