Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. With Leidos, you will enjoy competitive benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and more!
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity on our newly awarded Leidos-led Prime Program for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Unleash Your Potential
This program is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer.
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system utilizing GOTS and COTS technologies.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages, and Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs).
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NIST Derivative and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security or related discipline, experience in lieu of degree will be considered on a case by case basis.
- 8 or more years related technical experience
- A minimum of 3+ years (or 7+ without a degree) of experience as an ISSO or other related role supporting IC or DoD programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level I or IAT Level II (i.e., CAP or Security+ CE)
What sets you apart?
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Customer Service, Organizational, and Team Collaboration
- Analytical, Broad Thinking, and Problem Solving
- Initiative, Reliability, and Result-driven
- Technical Writing
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.