Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Manager of Transmission Line Engineering in either of our Charlotte or Durham, NC offices who will work as a leader of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems for electric transmission line design projects. In this leadership role, you will serve as Supervisor and Technical Lead for electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra-high-voltage (EHV) overhead electric utility lines. Also, applying NESC, ASCE, and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electric transmission projects, including new capacity projects as well as infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, you will assist the team, as well as independently perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans, and specifications, and prepare material procurement and construction documents. In this collaborative environment, you will be working alongside project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management. The position provides the opportunity for you to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. While also being accountable for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Convey clear expectations, goals, and vision.
- Manage the performance of direct reports.
- Motivate, coach, and mentor skilled professionals and delegate project work.
- Capable to manage collaboration and conflict resolution to achieve successful results.
- Practice behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion.
- Display good business acumen and an understanding of project performance metrics.
- Through understanding performance metrics, must be able to identify potential risks and opportunities to add value.
What Sets You Apart (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil (preferred), Structural, or Mechanical Engineering with twelve (12) + years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems.
- Professional Engineering Registration in at least one U.S. state or equivalent.
- Experience with the following: PLS-CADD, POLE, TOWER, SAG10, LPILE and/or FAD, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Favorable If You Have:
- M.S. degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management Professional certification
- Work effectively in a team environment; can also work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models.
- Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement processes, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Bentley ProjectWise, ESRI ArcGIS Programs, Microsoft SharePoint, and Mathcad.
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path. Apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.