The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager, Surface Combatant Ship Design Engineering to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Maritime Services Group of Gibbs & Cox mission. In this mission you will collaborate with functional management leads, program office and client stakeholders to plan and manage a complex engineering program related to the design of the next class of Navy Destroyers. You will work with technical leads to establish performance measurement baselines for cost, scope and schedule and to develop and implement diverse management plans in support of program and business objectives.
•Assisting Program Manager in managing profit and loss (P&L), costs, scheduling, quality, and timely delivery.
•Helping to develop and execute on business opportunities including capture plans and proposal development.
•Staffing, mentoring and leading multidisciplinary teams to support your portfolio.
•Supporting our ISO-9001 engineering process and development methodology.
•Interacting with customers and industry partners regarding programmatic and technical issues.
•Engaging with current and future customers to identify and shape new business opportunities.
•Reporting Program Status and Strategy to Corporate Leadership.
•Managing a team of Business Financial Managers, Engineers, and Analysts in program execution.
- U.S. Citizenship and an Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelors degree and 10 years of proven experience providing relevant program management services
- Experience managing shipbuilding programs (Naval or commercial) OR C4I, combat systems and /or ground/air unmanned vehicles
- Experience managing FAR-based, Cost Plus Award Fee and Cost Plus Fixed Fee type contracts.
- Effective reporting to customers, program governance, and other program stakeholders.
- Experience managing dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and complex integration of multiple engineering disciplines and subcontractors.
- Experience working with systems engineers and cross-functional technical leads to plan, organize and manage complex work.
- Experience with ISO 9000, DMAIC, CMM or similar organizational performance management approach.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or a similar Certification is highly desired.
- 5+ years servicing NAVSEA or a comparable DoN or DoD acquisition program office.
- Masters degree
- Experience supporting US Navy shipbuilding programs
- Experience with hardware/software integration and product development
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.