The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an RHN GAIT SATCOM Engineer. This position will support the CECOM ILSC Field Modernization Division contract supporting the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT). Perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to: development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up SATCOM systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location.
- Initialize systems and perform an analysis of/document system malfunctions and/or integration issues to perform preventative maintenance and ensure full operational compliance of systems.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into RHN GAIT systems.
- Support development, upgrade, and rebuild of unit hardware to meet unit requirements.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM GAIT systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree with 4 or more years of related experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirement.
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview..
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.