Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer to work on NASA's Cargo Mission Contract (CMC), which provides pressurized cargo packing and unpacking for the International Space Station Program. The successful Embedded / Firmware Engineer will collaborate among a cross-functional team on the design, development, manufacturing, and testing of deliverables to support current and future spaceflight, including the Nova-C Landers program.
This position is located at The Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance is required.
- Design, implement, maintain embedded flight software features and improvements, including microcontrollers
- Analyze, test, and conduct I/O performance assessments upon integrated hardware / software solutions
- Interface with hardware design and development team members to execute implementation
- Provide reporting on results and recommendations on status / results throughout process to stakeholders
- B.S. Degree in Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related discipline, and 2+ years of related experience
- Embedded / Firmware coding skills with C/C++ (C11+) (AVR Platform preferred)
- Strong verbal / written interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative team-player and highly organized problem-solver
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment with demonstrated ability to meet competing delivery schedules
- Embraces core values of: Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Excellence
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with microcontrollers, specifically related to flight software
- Embedded Systems Development with Real-Time Operating Systems experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Design and its applications
- Familiarity with RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI and other communication protocols
- NOVA Core (NASA Core Flight System) experience
- Debugging experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.