Sr Network Engineer* The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Software Engineer supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence in September 2023.
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Sr Network Engineer supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and professional development. Your job will be to design, implement, and maintain a network infrastructure that supports primarily Linux and Windows environments that exist in the cloud and on premise. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Design, implement, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and performance tune the network infrastructure based on program requirements.
- Ensure network security implementation, STIGs, and security protocols are followed in accordance with program requirements as well as scalability and capacity planning
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco Data center assets
- Provide day-to-day expertise as part of a team in troubleshooting and maintaining network configurations for high speed storage, virtualization, and other technologies
- In-depth data networking knowledge of the OSI model, TCP/IP, and optical transport.
- Assist in troubleshooting networking issues within AWS environment
You bring enthusiasm and have the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in network engineering, software development, system engineering or related field or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Experience with Cisco UCS/ACI infrastructure, NXOS, IOS, ASA Firewalls
- Experience with UCS Manager, Cisco Command Line Interface, Wireshark
- Experience troubleshooting, monitoring, implementing, and maintaining IPv4 networks
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience documenting and diagramming networks with tools like Visio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work independently
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Experience with Citrix ADC/Netscaler
- Experience with Cisco Application Dynamics product suite
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience configuring and maintaining Infiniband/Mellanox Cards
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
- Experience with advanced Linux network hardware (eg: Mellanox Network Cards
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.