Leidos’ Intelligence DevOps Lab (IDOL) has a job opening for the Spring 2024 semester for a Full-Time Systems Administrator Intern/Co-Op onsite in Reston, VA. This is a semester long internship; it is recommended students take a semester off school during the Co-Op since Full Time is 40hrs/week.
The Systems Administrator Intern will assist in the deployment, operation, and maintenance of various information technology systems as part of the IT team located at an established Leidos site in Reston, VA. The candidate must be able to assist local and remote users with their IT-related issues as well as support daily IT operations and maintenance. The successful candidate must possess solid interpersonal skills in addition to the technical aptitude expected from an IT professional. Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments. Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
This position will work with the infrastructure team and will primarily be working on-site with the team
- Receive, evaluate and prioritize incoming user requests and trouble tickets for assistance with hardware, software and network issues.
- Work as part of a team to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems with computer hardware and peripherals including workstations, servers and local area networking
- Update anti-virus definitions, execute virus scans of incoming and outgoing media, perform data transfers and complete related documentation
- Provision and maintain Microsoft Windows and Linux based workstations and servers according to existing standards, including creation and distribution of system images
- Perform user account creation and activation, password resets, privilege assignment, group membership management, directory access control
- Assist team to complete tasks in support of IT systems.
- High school education or equivalent, and currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Masters degree program at the Junior/Senior level.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in an enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, follow written instructions or technical guides, and able to prioritize tasks to maintain, deploy of IT systems.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities including, but not limited to, rack and stacking equipment, pull cable, and terminating cables.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently as Leidos representative as well as working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management processes, which may include updating technical documentation.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- Ability to be sponsored for a Top Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Excellent customer service skills to include positive attitude, strong communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with application, desktop and/or server virtualization
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration.
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with ticket tracking
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.