Are you interested in providing critical support to one of our largest defense programs, utilizing your database administration talents to ensure mission objectives are met? Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is looking for someone who has strong capability with SQL database administration and managing applications across an enterprise. All of this work is being performed at Peterson SFB, Colorado Springs
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our talent to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Application Database Administrator will operate autonomously within a team to support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, innovation, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the System Administrator Lead.
What will you do in this role?
• Provide SQL infrastructure engineering to include database architecture maintenance, database upgrades, server configurations, and application configurations.
• Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments with high availability and disaster recovery, to include monitoring, analysis, reporting, and data warehouse services and solutions
• Architect and design the configuration and operation of SQL platforms on all NORAD Northern Command environments.
• Ensure proper integration of SQL with applications to include but not limited to SharePoint, TMT, and Desktop Alert System.
• Provide best practice recommendations related to SQL maintenance procedures, SQL application integration procedures, and design of the overall SQL infrastructure on all NORAD Northern Command domains.
• Operate and maintain the front and back-end SharePoint infrastructure and perform incident management.
• Perform front/back-end infrastructure engineering, capability engineering and application integration (primarily MS applications), front/back-end infrastructure engineering, and incident management.
• Available for on-call support as required
• Work in dynamic fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts including remote site support.
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, additional years of relevant experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must have have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II (or greater) certification (i.e. CompTIA Security+ & Server+).
• Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
• 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Database engineering experience in a large enterprise environment.
• 3+ years of experience working with Windows clustering technology to support SQL clusters and SQL Always On Availability Groups.
These are preferred qualifications:
• ITIL v3 or v4 – Foundation.
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
• Experience with DoD IT security requirements.
• Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments.
• Demonstrated background troubleshooting complex IT issue.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.