The Leidos SHADOW Program is seeking a motivated Junior PAI Collector for our Risk Assessment team in Adelphi, MD (some U.S. travel may be required).
As a Junior Collector, you will work on a team to collect Publicly Available Information (PAI), develop that information into informative cyber risk reports, and monitor trends in information to provide clients with accurate updates on topics of concern. Junior Collectors within SHADOW will be required to practice critical thinking and research techniques daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize PAI for digital risk assessment, protection, and monitoring of customer’s cyber resources, while ethically using industry-standard tools and sources.
- Integrate with a Cyber Threat analyst team to provide a holistic understanding of protected assets within the cyber space.
- Identify and monitor Triggers and Excitors relevant to customer mission sets associated with current geopolitical cyber threat trends.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in support of all research activities to provide a holistic and professional research product.
- Provide well-written assessments and catalog research leading to those assessments to provide quality risk reports to customers.
- Conduct research alone and collaborate on more extensive projects to provide a fused report that includes multiple skills and techniques.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- 2+ years analyst experience in one or more of the following fields (OSINT, All Source Intelligence, Criminal Justice, Library Science, Economics, Business, International Relations/Affairs, Political Science, National Security Studies, Research Journalism, Cyber risk analysis).
- Demonstrated competency in critical thinking, research methodology, and writing.
- Demonstrated competency in OSINT/PAI research, collection methods, and analysis techniques with industry tools, social media sites/platforms, and other PAI data sources.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently; demonstrates initiative to improve products and processes consistently
- Knowledge of government intelligence disciplines and their collection and analytical practices, including all-source intelligence, signals intelligence (SIGINT), human intelligence (HUMINT), geospatial intelligence (GEOINT).
- Open-Source Intelligence Analysis Course (OD100), Fundamentals of Open-Source Intelligence Course (OE116), OSINT Fundamentals (OS301), or equivalent training.
- Experience as a research analyst for cyber defense, financial, business, news, law enforcement, or legal entities.
- Experience with writing for analysis and research methodologies.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.