Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The US Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The National Security Space (NSS) Operation performs space payload systems design, development, and delivery to address complex Government and commercial customer needs.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We seek a Software Engineer to support the NSS space payload development laboratories supporting a variety of programs. The candidate will work on the development of embedded software and firmware on satellite payloads, remote ground sensors, and other platforms. Primary job location shall be Leidos’ facility at Campus Point in San Diego, CA.
- Work with the engineering team to develop flight software for satellite payloads. Processing architectures include GPUs, CPUs, FPGAs, SoC, and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Work with the engineering team to integrate and test payload systems using actual space hardware, including camera drive electronics, FPGA processing boards, power systems, DSP boards, PCI & VPX busses, stepper motor controllers, health and status circuits, cryocoolers, and spacecraft data interfaces
- Develop special test equipment to control payloads during ground test and to automate test processes.
- Support testing, characterization, and analysis of electro-optical systems
- Collaborate with signal processing experts, software leads, and FPGA designers
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering with less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Ability to code in Java, C, C++,
- Ability to model system performance using Matlab or similar toolset.
- Working knowledge of hard real-time operating systems such as Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, etc.
- Ability to use basic lab tools such as scopes and logic analyzers required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Eagerness to learn and a collaborative attitude.
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Experience implementing interfaces such as 1GE Ethernet, 40G QSFP+, LVDS, and serial busses
- Demonstrated experience working in small engineering teams
- Experience with adaptive signal processing
- Master’s level engineering degree
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.