At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Civil IT team is looking for an Application Security Engineer to support the securing of applications and infrastructure in a hybrid environment for a government customer. This position will be based in Suitland MD but will have the benefit of a hybrid (remote & in office) work arrangement. The Security Engineer SME will develop best practices on how to protect sensitive data that may flow through integrated systems, working closely with integrated teams which may include software developers, devops engineers, integration & test. The Security Engineer SME will also provide technical, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems within on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, security best practices, technical standards, security breaches and known impacts.
- Communicate with other technical leads, IT groups, and customer reps so they understand all aspects of proposed changes/solutions
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and execute penetration testing programs, simulating attacks to identify vulnerabilities before they can be exploited
- Develop security standards and best practices for complex applications and systems
- Provide recommendation on security enhancements to various levels of leadership including executives
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 10+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity or software development OR Masters with 6-8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience monitoring and audit of system and processes such and identify and access management which may include methodologies like Zero Trust Security
- Experience in Authentication and Authorization
- Experience in Software Development/Web Application Development
- Experience in Integration & Test
- Cloud DevOps Experience
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE)
- Web Application Hacking and Security (WAHS)
- Open Worldwide Application Security Project (OWASP) Affiliation
- AWS Certified Developer
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.