Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos’ Intelligence Group has an opening for a Strategic Contract R&D Lead. This position focuses on securing and executing Contract Research and Development funding within the Intel Group, to include command of the capture strategy. The purpose of the CRAD funding is to contribute to a portfolio of differentiated technologies that align to the Group’s business strategy as a foundation for scaling up completion/development work in the group.
Your main objective
- Secures funding and executes contract research and development projects to develop innovative technologies.
- Transitions these technologies, both internally and externally, to achieve business impact in programs across the Group.
- Exercises strategic anticipation to identify, secure funding for, and build differentiated capabilities around technologies that Intelligence Group customers will need.
- Attracts high-end technology thought leaders to execute R&D and transition results into the Intelligence Group.
- Working in collaboration with the Intel Group CTO team and the corporate Office of Technology, fosters partnerships with strategic sources, renowned universities, and research institutions to increase learning and teaming opportunities to strengthen Intel Group’s ability to win, execute, and transition CRAD.
- Collaborates across Leidos to pull technologies into the Intelligence Group, and contribute technologies to other customer missions.
- Collaborates with Intel Group CTO team, line managers, business development, and strategy leaders to ensure the CRAD technology/research portfolio is aligned with their priorities.
- Works with the Intel Group CTO team to contribute to the Intel Group’s technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth; ensures their alignment with the long-term business strategy for both the Intel Group and Leidos.
- Effectiveness would be measured in three dimensions: growing a capacity for contract R&D within the Group (e.g., submitting/winning/executing R&D contracts), impact of the contract R&D within the intelligence community (e.g., R&D results leveraged into missions), and quality of the technology.
- Masters Degree with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with securing and executing contract research and development funding
- Experience with strategic anticipation of technology needs requiring research and development
- Experience with transitioning research technology into practical use
You might also have
- Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with executing US Government research and development contracts.
- Experience within the Intelligence Community
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.