Leidos Civilian Health Solutions is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer with working experience and expertise in VMware and VxRail to support a program with the Department of Health and Human Services in Rockville, MD.
This role is currently funded for 6 months, with likely extension.
Position is hybrid part time telecommute, part time Rockville, MD.
- Responsible for installing and configuring VMware software, including vSphere, ESXi hosts, vCenter Server, and other related components. This involves setting up virtual machines, networks, storage, and ensuring proper integration with existing systems. Experience in virtual machine migration from one system to another.
- Document VMware configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides for reference and knowledge sharing among team members. They maintain up-to-date documentation of virtual infrastructure changes, ensuring that information is readily available for future reference.
- Monitor the performance of the virtual infrastructure, identify bottlenecks or performance issues, and take necessary steps to optimize resource allocation. This may involve analyzing performance metrics, adjusting resource pools, and implementing load balancing techniques to ensure efficient utilization of hardware resources.
- When issues arise in the VMware environment, be responsible for diagnosing and resolving them promptly. Analyze logs, troubleshoot performance problems, address connectivity issues, and collaborate with other IT teams to resolve complex problems.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks such as software updates, patch management, and system backups to ensure server security and reliability. They monitor server performance, troubleshoot issues, and optimize server resources for optimal efficiency.
- When server-related issues arise be responsible for identifying the root cause and resolving the problems promptly. Analyze system logs, diagnose hardware or software faults, and collaborate with other IT teams to ensure smooth server operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent or equivalent and six (6) years of general experience.
- Expertise with metro or stretched cluster, VMware vSAN, in a standalone cluster as well as the stretched cluster and data replications.
- Expertise with VMware affinity rules, High availability, and DRS as well as host patching and upgrades.
- Experience withstanding up ESXi hosts, various versions, AD integrations, time, and DNS services.
- Experience with VMware licensing.
- Experience with NSX tool, install, configure and various migration strategies.
- Ample experience with VMs and application migrations in general.
- Good understanding of stretched cluster networking requirements, VMware and network ports and protocol, vSAN policies, VMware vCenter 7 and ESXi 7, and security requirements, ESXi 7 STIG and certificates requirements.
- Understanding of data deduplication, compression and encryption, witness site and its rule, and nested nodes.
- Understand cloning and vMotion.
- Proven experience as a VMware Engineer or in a similar role, with a deep understanding of VMware virtualization technologies (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter Server).
- Strong knowledge of server hardware, storage, and networking concepts in virtualized environments.
- Experience with designing and implementing VMware virtual infrastructure solutions, including scalability and high availability considerations.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting VMware-related issues, analyzing logs, and diagnosing performance problems.
Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- VMware certifications (such as VCP, VCAP, VCIX) are highly desirable.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.