Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for a new opportunity in the woodworking industry? Look no further than Leidos' Mission Operations Division! We're currently seeking a talented Wood Furniture Specialist to join our team and support a government contract in the National Capital Region. As the ideal candidate, you'll be tasked with designing, building, and testing all types of wood furniture. With your demonstrated experience in wood furniture manufacturing, you'll bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table. Don't miss out on this exciting chance to be a part of our team! Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Design, build, and test wood furniture to commercial standards.
- Maintain knowledge of latest furniture products.
- Apply the latest commercial wood furniture manufacturing best practices to all program support requirements.
- Analyze program requirements and recommend appropriate furniture.
- Answer customer queries regarding furniture products.
- Plan and conduct confidence testing focusing on environmental training, equipment testing, and quality assurance.
- Confirm furniture meets testing standards.
- Perform mechanical tests and inspection of the furniture.
- Report test results in both oral and written formats.
- Create test plans and operate environmental testing chambers.
- Anticipate and address potential issues.
- Lead the research into equipment anomalies and recommend solutions.
- Ensure all equipment documentation is complete and accurate.
- Attain and maintain customer-specified certification with the safe handling, application, processing, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Coordinate and communicate with all personnel requiring wood shop support.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience with wood furniture manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial wood furniture standards, processes, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Active TS/SCI; must be eligible and willing to upgrade to a TS/SCI w/polygraph.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’d like to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.