Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Systems Engineer to support an enterprise IT program. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to leverage their technical expertise while taking on more project integrator focused tasks, versus traditional hands-on technical work. The position requires a candidate with experience writing white papers, conducting space planning, and other program duties as assigned.
Our client provides high quality software development in support of their corporate business requirements and requires executive level support which can respond to a moderate-to-heavy workload in an independent fashion with minimal guidance or supervision. Work will include responding to actions and data calls, collecting, analyzing, and reporting on client programs, assisting with the client’s business processes, identifying and implementing technologies to improve business efficiencies and assisting in all facets of running a large and diverse business operation.
Primary Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer includes duties such as:
- Identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical requirements.
- Working with stakeholders as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define constraints and develop requirements and concept of operations documentation.
- Identifying technical risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Evaluating industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support strategic IT initiatives.
- Identifying and managing dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure.
- Providing conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution.
- Assisting the client in identifying technology solutions with the potential to improve business processes.
- Coordinating and managing the resolution of issues impacting multiple groups within the organization.
- Assessing system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters.
- Identifying hardware and applications needed to complete the development process.
- Translating technical information into clear, readable documents and presentations to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Support the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability.
- Establishing effective working relationships on behalf of the client with partner organizations.
- A current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with system architecture, systems engineering concepts and methodologies in support of complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex technical projects, both orally and in writing, to various technical and non-technical customers.
- Demonstrated experience with the global deployment of Enterprise IT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience identifying technology gaps in current capabilities and processes and to recommend the adoption of industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and integrating Enterprise IT products.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing integrated schedules across different IT component stakeholders, such as engineering, networks, and architecture, to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Demonstrated experience enabling process improvements to the over-all operations and efficiency of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience with the client’s networks and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with the client’s project management processes.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating technical meetings.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise IT computing environments, including technologies, processes, and security.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodologies.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.