The Metrology Engineer will utilize the latest inspection and metrology techniques in the development of manufacturing and assembling ceramic, composite, and metallic components into a complex assembly. Candidate will be responsible for evaluating metrology data, documenting methodology used, and presenting results to the team members and/or customers.
The Metrology Engineer will utilize the latest inspection and metrology techniques in the development of manufacturing and assembling ceramic, composite, and metallic components into a complex assembly. Candidate will be responsible for evaluating metrology data, documenting methodology used, and presenting results to the team members and/or customers. Candidate must be able to apply knowledge of engineering design, GD&T, and manufacturing processes to complex mechanical assemblies. This position may perform on multiple programs requiring the following, but not limited to:
- Utilize 3D scanning technology to perform analysis of components and complex assemblies using GD&T in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Develop documentation to standardize metrology methods
- Develop metrology processes for new systems based on design intent and customer requirements
- Develop automation processes for a manufacturing environment
- Perform design of tooling, fixturing, and prototype hardware
- Effectively communicate results with a team of diverse individuals
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, or similar
- 4-8 years of experience in engineering, metrology, and mechanical design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with GOM ATOS Scanning Systems – including photogrammetry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software
- Experience analyzing mesh data in ATOS Professional/Inspect
- Experience with metrology of complex assemblies and GD&T
- Able to obtain and maintaince clearance
- US Citizenship
- Active security clearance
- Experience with digital image correlation - ARAMIS
- Experience with automated metrology systems
- Experience with fixture design to support automated or manual scanning operations
- Excellent communication skills including preparing reports and presenting results to customers
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast-paced environments
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.