The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity in Columbia, MD. for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
- Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Evaluates security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages.
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration or related discipline, or 8 – 12 years or direct work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) cyber security requirements and guidance, cyber security related risk management techniques
- Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Windows operating systems (workstation & server), Linux, and system virtualization (multiple hypervisors) in a secure network environment.
- Experience with compliance scanning tools and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., Tenable)
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short-, mid- and long-term timelines for remediating any non-compliance.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
- Extensive experience working with external audit teams.
- Must Have an Active Current Top Secret clearance with SCI w/poly
- Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
- Extensive training or experience with Windows-based Information Systems with a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.