As the DCSB DCO Dev Ops Chief Engineer, you will be required to provide technical leadership for projects within the DCSB program. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for producing high-quality, technical solutions and design proposals to deliver on the needs of both new and existing projects. The Chief Engineer will attend customer meetings to understand the needs of stakeholders and convey this to developers, assess technical requirements and offer feasible technical solutions. In addition, the Chief Engineer will work with the customer to present design proposals, run demos, scope concepts and work collaboratively with bid sales, operational and resource teams to ensure successful delivery. This position also contributes to product development activities, keeping on top of market trends, technical developments, and revolutionary offerings. This position will work in alignment and in concert with the E&CS CTO and the OOT to ensure maximum technology transfer. The successful candidate will have experience of working within the Defense Intelligence, Offensive Cyber, Digital Infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating software deployment strategies that are essential for the successful deployment of software in the work environment. Identify and implement data storage methods like clustering to improve the performance of the team.
- Responsible for coming up with solutions for managing a vast number of documents in real-time and enables quick search and analysis.
- Identifies issues in the production phase and system and implements monitoring solutions to overcome those issues.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to software development projects.
- Accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems that help to execute business web and data infrastructure platforms.
- The Dev Ops Chief Engineer also develops self-service solutions for the team to deliver software with excellent quality and speed.
- Involved in designing and developing scaling strategies, automation scripts, and solutions to implement, streamline, and executing the software.
- Dev Ops Chief Engineer is involved in creating technology infrastructure, automation tools, and maintaining configuration management.
- Accountable for conducting training sessions to the juniors in the team, and other groups regarding how to build processes wherein in the dependencies are showcased in the code.
- Accountable for the architecture and technical leadership of the complete Dev Ops infrastructure.
- Management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions across various sites.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Deploy, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
- Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
- Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools such as Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Day-to-day collaboration with system integration engineers and system engineers to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
- Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
- Work with system integration team to improve release processes, perform process improvements, and document processes
- Provide technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and Architect team
- Attend design sessions and provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
- Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- Collaborates with the bid/capture/campaign/customer teams on all Dev Ops effort:
- Resource Management for dev ops disciplines
- Technical customer requirements – discovery and analysis of requirements.
- Production of impact assessment and estimates against customer-provided specifications
- Review the proposed technical solution and approach with the purpose of establishing and managing an overall technical baseline.
- Execute the dev ops effort.
- Communicate the technical plans and assignments to all members of their technical teams and sub-contractors
- Establish the technical sub-teams based on the agreed organization structure
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 15+ years relevant experience
- Software engineering experience with Software development “hands on keyboard” at some point product delivery,
- Leadership of software teams with successful execution demonstrated with examples,
- DevSecOps experience implementing CI/CD pipelines for production software at cloud enterprise solutions scale nice to have.
- Understanding of current public cloud environments: AWS and/or Azure at least
- Agile processes, networking, DBA/Data Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, SAAS, PAAS, IAAS are nice to have
- DevOps automation tools include GitOps, ansible, terraform, jenikins
- Data Pipeline system architectures
- Should include CSSP capabilities.
- Ability to obtain DoD TS/SCI clearance. Secret clearance is required to start.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.