Job Description: Finance Analyst
The Financial Analyst position is in direct support of a large and complex organization’s finance department. The position requires a deep level of financial, accounting, contracts experience. The successful candidate will analyze, review, and make payment on complex invoices using current payment and procurement processes. This will involve communications among various groups to ensure payments are made correctly and efficiently. You will use your (or ability to learn) understanding of the financial operations of commercial vendors and high-level understanding of network services to improve processes.
- Analyze and monitor numerous accounts on a monthly basis and reconcile those accounts with the General ledger and prepare the accounts for yearly audits.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of new payment processes to include accrual of expenses and the allocation and execution of funding.
- Facilitate communications between Finance, Budget, Contract and Procurement teams in regards to availability of funding for existing contracts, the creation of new contracts, and the recommendation of new concepts
- Ensure integrity of financial records through accurate input into finance tools as well as the conduct of periodic audits
- Map and perform analysis of financial data from formal banking system financial reports, and informal systems for moving money.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline, and 8+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Active/current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- One year experience with exploiting large scale financial databases or data sets to conduct economic or financial analysis.
- Experience with mobile money, digital currencies, and emerging technology/services in financial industry.
- Skills using software and technologies to view and manipulate financial data (MS Excel including pivot tables, MS Access, SQL).
- Experience in government accounting, including financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- Proven Financial/Contract Management or Networking experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities to meet firm deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to research and resolve complex issues pertaining to General Ledgers
- Ability to create and execute processes that implement financial policies and guidelines for bank account management
- Ability to learn financial compliance auditing and prepare and assist audits of accounts
- The ability to problem solve, multi task and work in a fast paced environment where processes constantly evolve and there is always a need for new recommendations and intuitive thought processes.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.