Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Application Database Administrator will operate autonomously within a team to support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, innovation, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. This is where your talent comes in! Our Defense operation has an opening for a Senior Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) System Administrator to be based in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
This position will report directly to the Technical Operation Manager.
Hourly Pay Target: $41.00 - $46.00
What will you do in this role?
• Provide monitoring and update current and new systems, support critical system patches, respond to incidents, and schedule O&M activities
• Act as the Senior VDI System Administrator and is considered a subject matter expert on the Active Directory Services, DHCP, DNS, and GPO management, while providing overall Tier 2/3 support
• Work in a Vmware vCenter and Horizon View environment supporting both virtual servers and desktops (VDI)
• Configure and maintain virtual networks in a hypervisor environment
• Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) as required
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
• Monitor, organize, and work collaboratively with Network Operations, Cyber Security, and other Team to optimize and collaborate solutions
• Learn, mentor, and train junior personnel as needed
• Manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per the Service Level Agreement
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience or Masters's with 2+ years of experience additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in place of a degree
• Current active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Current CompTIA Security +ce certification at the start date
• Current Server certification i.e. Azure, CompTIA Server+, Nutanix (or equivalent).
• Working knowledge of VMware Horizon View, VMware vCenter, and VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
• Must be available for on-call support as required
• Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, GPO’s management, Certificates Administration, and Domain Controller Functional services
• Possesses knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
• Communicates orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
These are the preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in an associated field
• Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation, and problem-management skills
• Possess a Top Secret clearance
• Familiar with NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.