Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Leidos is seeking a Senior Communication Specialist to join our team in Reston, Virginia, to support the RC3 program. As our ideal candidate, you’ll bring a strong working knowledge of our customer's operational environment, enabling you to provide top-notch correspondence, communication support, development, production, coordination, and more.
In this role, you'll be responsible for responding directly to operational data calls and metrics, creating and executing processes in compliance with program daily and weekly highlights, preparing assignments based on input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), performing research, proofreading, editing, creating, writing, processing, revising, formatting, quality checks and coordinating the composition of products for electronic publication and dissemination on multiple platforms to PMO and customer leadership.
We're looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a dedication to producing high-quality work. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and join a dynamic team of professionals, apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and fulfilling career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Ensures documentation and editing support include checks for accuracy and consistency in organization, style, readability, and accessibility.
- Drafts and edits a variety of communication materials and products, including leadership communications products.
- Independently addresses PMO and customer concerns while implementing problem-solving techniques and solutions when issues arise in a 24x7 environment.
- Provides documentation to management to include daily and weekly RC3 highlights with input into Award Fee criteria for the customer.
- Replies to the customer with detailed information on taskings and/or inquiries.
- Works independently to communicate with fellow RC3 team members, local and forward deployed linguists, PMO, direct customer leadership, and deployed customer teams.
- Performs as a liaison with other Leidos and customer offices.
- Accountable for end-to-end processes spanning multiple functional areas in the RC3 team.
- Initiates, plans, executes, and reports on taskings independently, as identified.
- Rewrites submissions as necessary to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and flow to written materials.
- Ensures all products are consistent with tradecraft and publication standards.
What Sets You Apart:
- BA degree or 8–12 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in creating, reviewing, and releasing official messages and IC report writing styles on customer systems.
- Strong briefing and writing skills and the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimum supervision are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational/project management.
- Computer proficiency and ability to utilize MS Office suite and collaboration tools such as MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Customer operational knowledge.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’re excited to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.