The Defense Group is seeking a Director, Supply Chain to support Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operations within Leidos Defense Group. This role will report directly to the Defense Supply Chain VP and will be an integrated member of the operations, supporting operation leadership. The Director, Supply Chain is responsible for full life cycle (“cradle to grave”) subcontract management, supply chain strategy, & materials management within the operations. This role will manage and lead a team of approximately 35 procurement leaders & professionals.
The Director, Supply Chain will oversee and manage the full Supply Chain for programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively, while leading a geographically dispersed team in a dynamic environment.
***Need to have (or ability to obtain) a DOD Secret clearance***
The Director, Subcontracts is responsible for managing procurement professionals in executing day to day activities, providing training, conducting performance reviews, establishing developmental actions, and providing mentorship to a team with varied levels of proficiencies.
- Accountable for all Operation procurement activities to include new business capture and program execution
- Lead full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs within the operations, including but not limited to: proposal support activities, negotiations of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, preparation of solicitations packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiations of terms and conditions, award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution and closeout activities.
- Develop supply chain strategies for proposals, competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor/supplier performance
- Promote a culture of long-term savings on supply chain costs
- Ensure that subcontract files are appropriately reviewed and approved in accordance with the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations, conducting regular file audits
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve issues of varying degrees of complexity
- Ensure that customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements
- Develop prime contract flow down documents
- Coordinates closely with the Director of Contracts for each operation to ensure subcontracting activities are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives, collaborating on and driving resolution of procurement issues impacting contract performance
- Monitor supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the operations
- Resolve supplier performance and/or quality issues in collaboration with operational leadership
- Advise operations leadership on procurement issues
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 12+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 10+years of prior relevant experience
- 7+ years of supervising/leading teams and projects
- Need to have (or ability to obtain) a DOD Secret clearance
- Experience developing acquisition strategies for aircraft production, maintenance, and support.
- CPSM, CPC or CFCM, ISM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to energize a geographically dispersed team of professionals at various levels
Pay Range:Pay Range $128,050.00 - $197,000.00 - $265,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.