Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building the next-generation enterprise APIs and modern responsive user interfaces. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy.
The Cloud Architect/Engineer will be responsible for conducting research, developing recommendations and strategies, collaborate with program teams in utilizing and optimizing Cloud services (on-prem and off-prem) to meet IT services and requirements. The ideal candidate is the identified Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will give expert level direction and support in designing developing, deploying, and supporting Cloud solutions and architectures.
Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience in Ansible, Kubernetes, Containers, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and CloudFormation
- 7+ years in AWS Cloud Services such as VPC, EC2, EKS, ECR, EFS, EBS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, SQS, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- 5+ years of experience practicing AWS Cloud Computing, DevOps, CI/CD, Infrastructure Automation, Configuration Management, and Quality Engineering Expertise.
- 5+ years of experience with Azure cloud-based infrastructure, technical architect position using Azure Cloud technologies.
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Proficiency scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or PowerShell.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture and design principles.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, automation, and deployment strategies.
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud-based solutions in production.
- Experience with Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana and InfluxDB
- Hands-On Architect with an ability to build Rapid Prototypes, Reusable code, and Frameworks.
- Experience in one or many programming languages, data science tools and high-performance computing platforms. Expertise in using AWS tools.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Hands-on and architectural experience with modern Cloud Native architectures.
- Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and use of DevOps to accelerate quality releases to Production
- Design and build high-quality, scalable, and secure cloud-based solutions on the AWS platform.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Analyze application and platform and translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Provide recommendations to solve technical business problems and identify opportunities and risks.
- Provide cloud architectural, platform optimization consulting expertise to technical leads, cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
- Document and review IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Provide recommendations and implementation of cloud technology standards policies and standards.
- Perform research on emerging cloud technologies in support of hybrid (multi-vendor) infrastructure and recommend technologies that will increase cost efficiency and in optimizing infrastructure.
- Assist in comparing and various IT cloud infrastructure and services best suited for customer requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of enterprise IT cloud integrated systems.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.