Leidos is seeking an experienced Counterintelligence (CI) Referent/Investigator for the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. The position requires conducting and managing CI investigations, developing countermeasures derived from foreign threats to national security and defense industry, wide knowledge of Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), applying and developing countermeasures on insider threat and CI risk indicators, and understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and its reporting requirements.
The candidate will work as part of a multi-functional security project team to facilitate industrial security program actions related to a fast-paced, highly visible program supporting the US Navy. Under the SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. Travel is required occasionally to Leidos HQ in Reston and various NGEN SMIT locations.
• Works under the guidance of the Leidos SMIT Industrial Security Director
• Identify program gaps and process improvement. Investigate, prioritize, analyze, and mitigate threats.
• Collaborate with other Leidos functions to detect, assess, mitigate and anticipate external entities’ collection activities directed at Leidos equities
• Identify threats to cleared defense industry applicable to Leidos’ technologies, services and solutions
• Investigate complex CI inquiries, produce reports and presentations and collaborate with other functions in support to the inquiry
• Assist in the analysis, coordination, and integration of intelligence information to assess developments, trends, and threat implications within critical functional areas and present full range of Cl briefings
• Review, collate, analyze and report suspicious activity reports
• Prepare and deliver educational material to employees, managers, and senior leadership
• Maintain relationships with government agencies involved in countering the threat, including the FBI, ODNI, DCSA, military intelligence agencies, and other government agencies
• Analyze intelligence reporting from a wide variety of sources provided by the Government to identify current and emerging CI threats, ascertain the degree and immediacy of those threats, and make reasoned and well-founded judgments concerning the future evolution of the threats
• Maintain collaborative contact with counterparts in the counterintelligence community and the law enforcement community concerning ongoing analytic efforts and findings to ensure that all threats to Leidos assets are identified and addressed
• Write, review, and/or evaluate security Operational Security (OPSEC) Plans
• Support the draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to the SMIT Industrial Security Program
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited university with 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree
• Graduate of Joint Counterintelligence Training Activity (JCITA) Advanced Counterintelligence Investigations Course (or equivalent)
• Related experience must be in CI investigations, CI analysis
• U.S Citizen with current Top Secret government security clearance and eligibility for SCI is required.
• Experience with software applications such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Word.
• Developing and delivering educational/ prevention material and comfortable during public speaking.
• OPSEC Level II or OPSE2380/2390 certification
• Highly-developed skills in oral and written communication to provide information, expert advice, and guidance; persuade others to consider recommendation to make/argue a position; explain abstract concepts and facts clearly and effectively to share with various entities of the intelligence community and Leidos’ stakeholders.
• Must be able to draft complex reports of investigations, OPSEC assessments, risk mitigation plans, and relevant products to the field
• Experience conducting unclassified open source checks through non-attributed systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.