Are you a creative problem solver? Do you want to make a difference that counts? Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customers in national security as a high-performing program analyst within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office for Strategic Partnership Programs.
You will use and develop your planning, budgeting, and evaluation skills on a portfolio of research and development academic programs crucial to the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This is a full-time contractor-support position that involves on-site work at the NNSA offices in Washington DC, periodic travel, and the opportunity of remote telework.
Required Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate, and timely budget analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making.
- Execute monthly and routine budget processes in the execution of Federal programs including paperwork and interaction with budget-related offices and staff.
- Responding to short-notice what-if inquiries and data calls from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
- Developing complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings, and issuing papers describing the project outcomes and benefits of academic programs in meeting national defense missions.
- Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of programmatic plans and solutions of academic programs relative to the schedule, and advising whether program deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
- Documenting and taking minutes for technical reviews and meetings.
- Ensure that action items/responses are documented and completed in a professional and timely manner, and in conformance with DP, NNSA, and DOE policy, procedure, and precedent, including compliance with managing classified information.
- Completing annual, quarterly, and other periodic reporting requirements at program reviews and meetings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Draft and/or edit new and existing materials including fact sheets, budget worksheets, reports, and/or briefings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of program/budget analysis experience.
- Demonstrated history of using financial knowledge and analytical strengths to inform strategic decisions
- Ability to track and follow through on multiple often unanticipated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with frequent and extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and dashboards/business intelligence reports or similar programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for management.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills; ability to synthesize information into meaningful messages for various audiences.
- Skilled at delivering results on short timelines.
- Strong communication skills; ability to handle sensitive information.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based research and literature reviews.
- Shows initiative; ability to work as a team player and independently.
- Careful attention to detail is required, ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills.
- Experience in academia/teaching environment
- Experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management
- Experience with academic programs including acquisition, procurement, collaborations, grants, and/or cooperative agreements.
- Knowledge of Tableau Software
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.