The mission of the DHS Chief Information Security Officer Directorate (DHS CISOD) is to support the Department’s implementation of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA), relevant Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, Executive Orders, Federal laws, directives, policies, and regulations. The DHS CISOD’s mission is to also provide the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) a secure and trusted computing environment. The DHS CISOD assists in ensuring Department compliance with information security requirements. Information security is an essential business function, critical to enabling DHS to conduct its operations and deliver service to the public.
Leidos has a critical need for a ISSO / Security Controls Assessors to support the DHS Cyber Security Support Service Program.
- Execute security control assessments (SCAs), in accordance with NIST Risk Management Framework and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) policy, guidance, and standards, while providing validation and analysis of DHS NSS (to also include designated systems, appliances or applications).
- Assist with the development and maintenance of formal documented NSS Assessment and Compliance CONOPs and SOPs.
- Update, define, and evaluate cybersecurity risk indicators, including those risks stemming from cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and protections that are in place to mitigate those threats.
- Provide analysis in for the form of cybersecurity risk recommendations to specifically designated NSS through the established continuous monitoring processes of select NSCD-defined controls, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) monitoring and mitigations.
- Support the implementation, training, and SOP development and maintenance of implemented guidance to NSS stakeholders.
- Provide in-depth analysis to determine trends and patterns of cyber threat actors impacting DHS NSS, through white paper creation.
- As required, report the results of all analyses to the NSS Government Leads and DHS NSCD Director
- Document lessons-learned from all NSS executed assessments and customer onsite and virtual assistance and guidance engagements.
- Attend all regularly established and ad-hoc NSS-related meetings, to include NSS engineering review boards, technical reference model, configuration control boards, and cybersecurity supply chain risk management (C-SCRM) meetings.
- Support in NSCD Site Compliance engagements within the NCR, as required.
- Must be able to obtain a DHS Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 8-12 years related experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Security Controls Assessor or similar audit findings response role.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of DHS Information Assurance policy.
- Experience with security audits and compliance
- Experience with IT Review Board change requests
- Ensure compliance with DHS Standards and procedures.
- Good familiarity with and understanding of all relevant government and agency policies and procedures to ensure system documentation is compliance with relevant guidelines, e.g., FedRAMP, RMF, FISMA, FIPS-II, NIST, etc.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), or equivalent certification required.
- CISSP, CEH, GPEN or equivalent certification required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Prior DHS IT security and/or audit experience preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.