Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows System Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This
is an exciting opportunity to use your gain experience helping multiple contracts and missions. This position will
support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. We are looking for a System Administrator to
maintain, upgrade, and manage software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The
perspective candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, have the patience to communicate,
with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The candidate will maintain workstations and servers by deploying.
monthly patches and virus definition updates along with any major changes needing to be made to ensure security
standards are being maintained. This role’s goal will be to ensure that technology infrastructure runs smoothly and
efficiently to ensure mission success. This role will also assist in policy development and other aspects of information assurance as directed.
- Your support will include installation, upgrades, and maintenance for operating systems and applications; providing supporting data and documentation for systems and applications accreditation processes and change requests; verifying system, application, and configuration changes through testing and change management processes.
- Collaborate with the all-tier levels development and security teams to share and obtain information on routine and non-routine maintenance and troubleshoot common systems, and their interactions with command systems infrastructure.
- Administer Active Directory services, member servers and storage; integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Isolate and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, systems infrastructure, etc.
- Manage and execute projects approved and documented in the ticketing system.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks ; systems management including account monitoring, security, operating system installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues on assigned systems, networks, Active Directory.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Ensure the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes and administration of Microsoft domains.
- Perform planning and analytical tasks for design and implementation projects to include personnel, hardware, software, support facilities, equipment, etc.
- Provide input to in-progress reviews on IT projects and maintain effective communications with government and other site leadership.
- Participate in special projects and day‐to‐day operations.
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of relevant systems administration / systems engineering experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience designing, evaluating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012R2/ 2016/ 2019 using the most current technologies.
- Ability to upgrade Windows Servers to new versions and plan, deliver, operate, and manage Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.
- Knowledge or experience with Hyper-V or VMWare, SCCM, SMTP, Printer Management, DHCP and DNS.
- Active Microsoft Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (Exams AZ-800 & AZ-801).
- Active DoD 8570 certification at IAT II, CompTIA Security+ce or higher.
- Experience working with Active Directory.
- Experienced with patching/ STIGing and system upgrades that occurs in a classified environment.
- Customer oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills; able to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Security Clearance Requirement: Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Additional certifications to include CCNA, CCSP, MCSE, and/or SANS GIAC.
- Experience with Linux administration.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.