The mission of the DHS Chief Information Security Officer Directorate (DHS CISOD) is to support the Department’s implementation of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA), relevant Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, Executive Orders, Federal laws, directives, policies, and regulations. The DHS CISOD’s mission is to also provide the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) a secure and trusted computing environment. The DHS CISOD assists in ensuring Department compliance with information security requirements. Information security is an essential business function, critical to enabling DHS to conduct its operations and deliver service to the public.
Leidos is seeking a Industry Cyber Hygiene Data Analysis to support the DHS Office of the Chief Information Security Officer, Program Management and Governance Division.
The Industry Cyber Hygiene Data Analysis will be expected to work with a small team to participate in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of staffing, requirements, and financial data critical for program documents and deliverables. The Analyst may be required to leverage automation and machine learning models to manage data, predict scenarios, and make recommendations to a non-technical audience. The Data Analyst may be expected to learn and leverage technical frameworks and collaboration technologies, including Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Git.
- Establish, document, and continually refine concept of operating and standard operating procedures documentation in support the analysis of industry cyber hygiene data collected by the DHS Industry Cyber Hygiene Assessment (CHA) Team;
- Define and leverage strategies and data analytic approaches in support of the statistical modeling of industry cyber hygiene maturity standards and guidance.
- Maintain an electronic repository on the DHS network for all CHA analysis methodology (e.g. criteria, functions, algorithms, etc.,).
- Develop and maintain a management schedule for all CHA data analysis and assessment activities;
- Develop, maintain and modify, on a monthly basis, the CHA evaluation/assessment criteria and results/finding in support of briefings to DHS Industry CHA Leadership;
- Develop and provide advance preparation of assessment instructions, materials, and proposed tooling prior to analysis and assessments that will be performed by Federal or Federally authorized assessors;
- Coordinate with DHS Industry CHA personnel to collect artifacts, define scope and establish governance functions for assessments and analysis of industry cyber hygiene data;
- Manage all documentation provided by DHS personnel related to the assessments being performed on DHS-authorized systems/environments;
- Establish performance metrics and process improvement criteria stemming from the results of industry cyber hygiene assessments and analysis;
- Evaluate results and provide recommendations in determination of industry cyber hygiene maturity.
- Identify trends and improvement opportunities based on assessments, analysis results, industry, academia coordination in support of report generation and relevant CHA program management metrics;
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance plan for follow on activities after industry cyber hygiene assessments and analysis are completed;
- Develop and maintain a lessons-learned and after-action reports/plans for follow on activities after assessments are completed;
- Create both draft and final deliverable reports stemming from industry assessments and analysis for Federal CHA program personnel consumption and review.
- Develop, maintain, and update any additional program documentation on an ongoing basis.
• BS and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Requires ability to attain TS/SCI.
• At least 1 year of project and/or program experience.
• Demonstrated familiarity in normalizing, managing, and performing analysis from data sets.
• Strong analytic, strategic, and reasoning skills.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with senior-level customers, technical staff, managers, peers, and candidates.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience managing multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Degree in Accounting, Business, or Intelligence Analysis.
• Experience working with and supporting program training programs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.