Leidos is seeking a Training and Process Management Specialist for the Business Management Services organization to support the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, delivering the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service.
The Training and Process Management Specialist’s mission is to engage with various the SMIT Teams in the trenches and provide the guidance, tools, and training needed to cost-effectively pursue and win business for Leidos. The Training and Process Management Specialist will be a member of the SMIT Business Management Services Team, responsible for developing, understanding and documenting processes across various SMIT teams including Proposal Operations, Project Management and other PMO/Functional teams. Specific areas of focus will be on process reviews and improvements, process gap analysis as well as Lessons Learned development and implementation. The candidate will also support training across the PMO organization as needed. This includes but is not limited to new hire training, refresher training courses, regular trainings on process improvements and updates, being the point person for implementing any new Leidos requirements for processes and training non-PMO team staff as needed. This position collaborates closely with leaders across the PMO team as well as functional team leads who support the various processes. They will also work with additional SMIT leaders to review processes and gather feedback on additional areas of improvement. The candidate will also interface with GOV PoCs to ensure the GOV processes are fully understood and incorporated into Leidos process documents as well. The individual will also provide input and support report development as needed. This will include but is not limited to status reporting for both internal Leidos and external customer requirements, metrics and trending data as well as financial reporting across the PMO organization.
• Work with all PMO leaders to understand process needs from start to finish.
• Based on thorough understanding of current processes, lead the definition and documentation development across all PMO and other SMIT organizations
• Collaborate with GOV customers to gain understanding of their workflows and processes.
• Conduct regular reviews and updates on all process documentation.
• Support training sessions with all current PMO staff members to ensure processes are thoroughly understood and followed.
• Conduct and support training for new hires as needed
• Ensure all SMIT business related processes adhere to overall Leidos corporate policies.
• Develop business rhythms for process gap identification and resolution.
• Work with PMO teams and larger SMIT organization to identify process improvements.
• Once process improvements are identified, update process and training documentation to reflect new processes.
• Conduct training sessions to ensure all team members understand new processes.
• Sit in on regular PMO team meetings to identify training and process gaps.
• Drive efficiency and speed to delivery thru implemented process improvement initiatives across the PMO organization.
• Lead regular lessons learned activities across the various teams supporting the proposal process.
• Develop metrics and measure effectiveness of lessons learned once they are implemented.
• Based on information collected thru regular conversations and meetings, work towards resolving training gaps.
• Support team trainings activities as well as 1:1 trainings and refreshers as needed.
• Based on current and future requests, support reporting needs across the PMO organization in the areas of statuses, metrics and financial data.
• Typically requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
• US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succulently communicate
• Prior experience in the development and management of training and process documentation.
• Prior experience in the business development arena, ie. Capture Management, Proposal Management
• Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve processes.
• Excellent change management skills
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Utilization of tools such as SharePoint, MS Project, Excel, and Word
• Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
• Strong follow-thru skills
• Experience working in large information technology enterprise environments
• Experience in collaborating with other enterprise technologists both internal and external to resolve complex technical issues
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
• Working knowledge of Leidos’ processes, standards, tools, teams, etc.
• Working knowledge of Leidos’ SMIT program policies and processes
• Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
• Prior experience with Navy programs
• Industry or Leidos technical certifications
• Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.