Gibbs & Cox, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is the largest independent naval architecture and marine engineering firm in the United States. Since our founding in 1929, 24 classes of combatants and nearly 7,000 vessels have been built to Gibbs & Cox designs. We proudly support military and commercial clients in the U.S. and internationally with all phases of marine design, construction, and lifecycle management. Our passion is solving our customers’ 21st century maritime challenges with quality and integrity.
Currently we are searching for a Full-time Experienced Surface Warfare/Gunnery Officer to support Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) training and readiness in Mayport, FL.
- Develops; organizes; and conducts navigation, seamanship, and professional weapon system employment and ship handling training and educational programs for personnel assigned to USS FREEDOM (LCS-1) Class Littoral Combat Ships.
- Serve as the Mission Package Coordinator (MPC) and Gun Console Operator (GCO) instructor to train LCS-1 sailors in tactical and operational employment of the LCS-1 SUW Mission Package and associated weapons systems (Surface Ship Missile Module-SSMM, 30MM Gun Fire Control System), associated Command and Control (C2) support systems, system capabilities and limitations, and interface with LCS-1 Host Combat System (COMBATSS-21).
- Support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic training and assessment of watch standers during integrated scenarios.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- This SME position carries a high level of exposure, and commands focus, flexibility, and the desire to continuously learn from each of their fellow team members. If this describes you, we urge you to apply today!
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years US Navy surface warfare combat systems/platform experience with carriers, DDGs, CGs, LCS, large deck, smaller amphibious ships or land based test sites. Experience as an Operator Supervisor or Maintenance Technician desired.
- U.S. Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance are desired.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and easily readable technical correspondence to document reviews of technical recommendations following technical reviews and collating of comments.
- Articulate in oral and written presentations; possess high organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience working dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and integrated coordination of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Possess an understanding of US Navy system architecture and combat systems across logical, functional, hardware, software components.
- Possess operational knowledge of US Navy combatants, weapon systems, and threats.
- Additionally, must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the team and customers.
- Two (2) years experience’ with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
- A formal degree or the combination of education, technical certifications, training or work/military experience supporting engineering or analysis experience is always a plus.
- B.S. or Advanced Degree in engineering, analysis, or related discipline desired but not required.
- Experience with training and readiness of Navy vessels
- Master Training Specialist
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.